Tuesday, October 28, 2008

37 Weeks

37 weeks = full term! Can you believe it? I feel a little bit relieved that I've made it this far and I think I am ready to have the baby now.

I got so sick over the weekend with a terrible indigestion. I wasn't surprised when I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office today and saw that I had lost two pounds. Dr. Wai wasn't too worried but asked me to avoid all restaurants and unusual foods until the baby arrives. No need to get sick now when I'm so close to the end.

We had the NST today. Everything was ok but we did have to wake up the baby. Dr. Wai had this little device that makes noise and vibrates that he pressed again my belly several times. Baby Carlisle woke up right away and started moving a lot!

The date for the c-section is now November 11th, Veterans Day, at noon. Dr. Wai is hoping to change the time to early in the morning because the later it is in the day, the more likely it is that we will get pushed back due to other emergencies at the hospital.

I'm nervous about the surgery and especially the recovery. Everyone I've talked to who has been through a c-section tells me the same thing: Get lots of help! I will be at the hospital until at least Friday, Cody will be with me over the weekend but can you believe that he has an "important" (he says!) business trip planned for Monday the 17th and Tuesday the 18th! I think Grandma Patty will be able to come help me out on those days and Becky has offered to help too and then my mom will be here on Nov. 24th. I will have the cleaning lady set up to come clean once a week for the first few weeks and I'm counting on my sister to cook us some yummy meals! Am I asking too much? :-)



Je suis allée chez le médecin aujourd'hui. Le bébé dormait pendant le test pour le coeur et on a du le réveiller en poussant sur mon ventre avec un petit appareil qui vibre et qui fait du bruit. Ca a marché du premier coup et le bébé a beaucoup bougé après ça. Le résultat du test était normal.

La césarienne est prévue pour le mardi 11 novembre à midi (l'heure peut encore changer!). Je suis un peu nerveuse vu que c'est quand même une opération importante et j'ai peur que ça soit douloureux par la suite. Mais du moment que j'ai de l'aide à la maison, tout ira bien.

Cody prétend déjà devoir partir en voyage d'affaire le lundi 17 et le mardi 18! Sympa, hein?! Mais je pense que sa mère pourra venir m'aider. Ma mère d'accueil veut bien m'aider aussi et puis maman sera là le 24 novembre. Et n'oublions pas Lléna qui cuisine très bien...n'est-ce pas copine... elle pourra me faire de bons plats la première semaine!

Allez, je vais continuer à tout ranger dans la chambre du bébé. A+

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not asking for too much! What a wonderful Thanksgiving around the corner :)

McElrath Family said...

I'll be praying for a super speedy recovery for you if you still have to go the c-section route. Make sure I'm on your email notifying list ;)

Your pic reminds me, you guys should make sure and set a '1st datenight after baby; date. If you don't, you may never get around to it and before you know it the baby will be 1 year old. It can feel like a whirlwind once that tiny package arrives :)