Tuesday, October 21, 2008

36 Weeks

You guessed it! Today is Tuesday and I went to the doctor. We had a sonogram and the baby is measuring right on track. The baby is of average size, 50th percentile. But average is ok, isn't it?! He/She weighs approx. 6lbs 2oz now. The heart rate was 131 bpm. And I've gained a pound or two. Dr. Wai thinks the baby will be barely 7lbs when he/she is born.

We have kinda set a date for the c-section. And yes, it looks like it will really be a c-section. Dr. Wai has multiple reasons. We had a long chat. I can't argue with the doctor I've trusted for many years, who has diagnosed the cause of my miscarriages, and who has helped me stay pregnant this time. I will let you know the date when we get confirmation from the hospital.

If I were to go into labor on my own before the date, we will let things happen. It could still end up with a c-section but we would give it a few hours as long as everything is going smoothly. So I told him I'd walk a lot. Gravity is your friend, they say! But Dr. Wai laughed and told me to take it easy!

Je suis allée chez le médecin aujourd'hui. Le bébé pèse environ 2,8 kg. Le coeur battait à 131 bpm. Tout est parfait mais les risques sont toujours là. Donc on a choisi une date pour la césarienne. Dès que j'ai confirmation de l'hôpital, je vous dirai quand j'accoucherai!

J'ai pris un kilo mais mon ventre est toujours petit. Les gens pensent que je suis enceinte de 5 mois et sont toujours étonnés quand je leur dis que je suis enceinte de 8 mois!

Allez, je suis presque au bout, et je dois dire que je serai bien soulagée quand j'aurai un beau bébé en bonne santé dans mes bras! (Et ce sont d'autres soucis qui commenceront à ce moment là!!!)

No comments: