Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

April 1st was a strange day to find out that our baby boy had a severe heart defect, something that happens in about 2 per 10,000 births. I wished so hard that it was all a big joke.

Since we were still dealing with the very sad news, we decided to stay home to celebrate Easter. When Cody took Duke on his morning walk that day, he noticed that one of our neighbors had gone all out for his kids' egg hunt. So he asked me to run to Walmart to buy eggs and candy. My mom and I had already bought plenty of gifts to fill his Easter basket but we had not thought of having our own little egg hunt just for Luke. So we rushed to Walmart and bought a few more things. We filled the eggs with yummy Belgian chocolate that my mom had brought. Luke loved it and I'm so glad Cody asked me to do that for him. After the egg hunt and lunch we went to the Arboretum. I told you I love that place! It was nice to walk around such a pretty park and I was able to relax a bit.


Here is Luke looking out the window while Cody was hiding the eggs.















































No comments: