Thursday, February 2, 2012

Clara's surgery.

My sweet Clara was born with a dermoid cyst by her left eye. I noticed it for the first time when she was about three months old. I immediately made an appointment with a pediatric ophthalmologist, Dr. George Beauchamp. Dr. Beauchamp is one of the very best doctors I've met. He is very professional, knowledgeable and has great bedside manner. I would highly recommend him!!!!

Clara had surgery yesterday to have the cyst removed. It would have continued growing and growing so sooner or later it had to come out. The surgery took place at Texas Pediatric Surgery Center in North Richland Hills.

The surgery took a little bit longer than expected because the cyst was pretty deep but Clara did well. She was a grumpy when she woke up but then went back to sleep. We took it easy all day. She ate, played and slept a lot. I gave her Motrin and Tylenol to keep the pain under control and today she seems to be pain free!

I am so relieved that it went so well. We are very thankful for the wonderful care of Dr. Beauchamp and his team.
Clara at home after the surgery. I held her all day long and loved the sweet cuddles with my little girl!  

Clara received a "Brave Bear" from Dr. Beauchamp.

Today (one day after surgery), she is very swollen and bruised but she is happy and seems pain free!!!


No comments: