Sunday, December 27, 2009

A La Bécasse!




Luke's middle name, Prosper, is after my great grand-father, Prosper Steppé, who was the founder of this pub in Brussels. My dad and his sister still own the pub and the building! It's been in the family now for over 130 years! It is one of the oldest pubs in the capital and locals and as well as tourists love to come here. Lambic is the specialty beer served there. It's a non-carbonated beer and it's just so yummy! Even Luke enjoyed it during our visit!!! (And yes, my mom was there too! I can't believe I don't have a picture with her.)
http://www.alabecasse.com/



Here is Luke eating a piece of "cervelas", a type of sausage served with delicious and super strong Dijon mustard. Of course, I didn't put any mustard on that piece for Luke.


Luke really loved the Lambic and wanted to keep on drinking it! It made my dad happy! Of course, we only let him drink a few sips!








No comments: